Saturday 27 September 2014

Another possibility

As I described in the previous blog people happily nick things from the internet, and I am the last one to say I never did it. Let he who is without sin… But there are other ways as wel.

Saint-Vincent 2011 - Saint-Ythaire
An American sent me in May 2014 the following email:
I'm working on a documentary film called American Wine Story (http://thewinemovie.com), and I was wondering if we might be able to use one of your photos (with credit) in our film project. It's a photo of a group of people carrying a St. Vincent statue, and it would illustrate one of the interviews.
Of course I consented, and I even had to sign a form saying I was agreeing to let them use my pictures.
Around the same time I received a similar question concerning a picture I took of the interior of a church. I had taken several pictures just before major renovation works started. They had found my pictures on the internet; they were going to be used to illustrate a booklet about Romanesque churches around Buxy. And also this time I consented. My name is mentioned on the last page of the book, together with the other people who contributed. Which proves that you can use other’s work without stealing it!

Saint-Martin-du-Tartre
Information about Saint-Vincent and Romanesque churches can also be found on the website of La Tuilerie de Chazelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment